House of A Writer

Welcome to my blog where I share my special needs parenting journey with my heart, truth, and love, one story at a time. ❤️

Ten Things of Thankful

on 6 July 2015

Another week to celebrate my thankfulness for all things wonderful in my life. Without further ado, on with the gratitude. ?

1. I’m thankful that I had a wonderful Canada day celebrating with my family. We took in the festivities in not one but two parks and enjoyed music, love, laughter, and fireworks in a sea of red and white.

2. I’m thankful that I was able to get my daily workouts in even though the weather was hot and dry. I start earlier in the day and it makes all the difference with my energy and stamina to keep up with my busy kids.

3. I’m thankful that I had a lovely weekend away celebrating my nieces wedding. There really couldn’t have been a better day and venue for a wedding on a mountain top!

4. I’m grateful that my kids took to each new experience they encountered this week with joy and discovery. From riding the chairlift, standing on a mountain top, being still and quiet so everyone could enjoy the wedding vows, taking the trip back and forth from home, hotels, and back home again.

5. I’m grateful for all the time I spent laughing, loving, and enjoying my family’s company. My siblings are a really wonderful group of people collectively with a sense of humour, intelligence, and kindness. I’m very proud to be part of that circle of love.

6. I’m grateful for the beautiful weather, mountain top views, nature, sunshine, and God’s blessings to enjoy and appreciate it all.

7. I’m thankful for new friends made, old ones rekindled, and family’s getting together to celebrate a couple in love.

8. I’m thankful for hotels late in the night for weary travellers, room service for a hungry family, and hot showers after a long tiring day.

9. I’m thankful for completing all my work tasks for Bloggy Throwback, even with scant amounts of wifi. And for being featured and published myself as a writer. You can check it out Here

10. I’m thankful for the love of my husband who treated us to a wonderful weekend. Who did all the driving, booked the hotel rooms, and allowed me to stay and enjoy the wedding while he stayed back in the room with our children. Love and hugs for being my pot of gold at the end of rainbow. ❤️

Time to link up and share that thankful bucket of gratitude and love. ?

Lizzi’s TTOT linkup

30 Responses to “Ten Things of Thankful”

1. New Journey says:

Sounded like a great weekend, and aren’t good husbands wonderful!!!

2. Vanessa D. says:

I used to take my boys for a couple of the free fireworks displays. It was always a wonderful evening – and cheap.

• jsackmom says:

Yes free or cheap always appeals to me when it comes to entertainment. Watching my kids faces when they see the fireworks lighting up the sky, is priceless. ?❤️?

3. Sounds like a lot of wonderful things to be thankful for! What a refreshing read this morning. We had our share of fireworks here in the States as well this weekend. 🙂

4. nice variety to what sounds like a busy week! and the best thing? …Summer time no snow anywhere in the 7 day forecast!

5. dyannedillon says:

What a nice week you’ve had! Wait, you had to ride a CHAIRLIFT to get to the wedding? I would have had to wait at the bottom!

• jsackmom says:

It was so incredible Dyanne being up that high and seeing all that beauty! Yes it was right on top of the mountain, a stunning view. ?

6. That wedding sounds perfectly lovely! So glad you were able to relax and enjoy!

• jsackmom says:

It was so amazing the great company, great food, beautiful views from the mountain top and spending time having fun with my family. It was hard to leave all that beauty. ?

7. christine says:

Whenever we go to family functions, my husband always takes the kids back to wherever we’re staying to get them to bed while I stay and enjoy time with my family. It is so nice. I’m glad you were able to stay and have some fun, too. 🙂
    Congrats on being published!

• jsackmom says:

It’s such a treat because we eat dinner together and visit and then he takes our kids to bed. It’s so special to have that time with my siblings. Thank you I was quite excited as it was a new place to submit too. They were so lovely to work with too. ?

8. We maybe appreciate the little things in life but you’re wonderful list shows how just 10 little things can make one huge whole. Life is all about love, here’s to more weeks filled with love. I hope the couple you watched as they were wed on a mountain top can enjoy love and ten little things every week.

• jsackmom says:

Thank you Dave, it’s so easy to get wrapped up in life and forget to be thankful. But each day we stop to appreciate means a better tomorrow. My niece and my new nephew are the epitome of love and respect and they showed me what it means to be thankful for my own family. ?❤️

• We all have so much to be thankful for. Can I say how blessed I am to be among so many good people? Not only those who I meet day to day but also those who are on this site I still haven’t met yet. The blogs I follow (such as yours) are helping in ways that you probably don’t realise. A big thank you for your comments, posts and love.