Ten Things of thankful
It’s my favourite time of the week to link up for Lizzi’s TTOT blog hop. I’m so happy I’m able to participate as I had some WordPress app issues and my post kept getting “eaten” or not being able to upload pictures. Frustrating to say the least, but all is well and I’m back baby! ?
1. I’m thankful for being able to admit my pain was a heavy burden and I reached out to friends. I was received with so much love, warmth, and kindness I had wished I had done it sooner.
2. I’m thankful for memories I have of my beloved friend that passed away recently. Even though I’ve experienced grief so thick it’s felt like quicksand, I have loving memories to hold onto to, and a connection with her family. ❤️
3. I’m thankful I’ve been brave and ventured out of my comfort zone and made some new wonderful friends. It started out as a mystery friend in a Facebook group where I got to spend the last 3 months corresponding with her through cards, letters, and little gifts. The best part was I was a mystery to her and I made my big reveal a week ago. We exchanged texts and met up the next day. We found out we only live less than an hour away from each other. ?
3. I’m thankful I have a beautiful home, a hard working husband, and really amazing children. They have loved me through my pain, tears, and grief with their love, laughter, and smiles. ❤️
4. I’m thankful that the weather has changed and warmer days and nights are upon us. I was able to get some yard work and some planting done while enjoying the sun.
5. I’m thankful for when I’m feeling lonely I just have to reach out and someone will be there. Whether that’s online, in person, or at the end of my phone. There’s comfort in knowing that when I feel really sad and out of sorts.
6. I’m thankful for my family for without them I wouldn’t feel strong enough to keep fighting through my struggles. They lift me up on angel wings when I forget how to fly.
7. I’m thankful for the sound of my children’s laughter. Hearing it as it wraps our home echoing in happiness and intensity, is like music to my ears.
8. I’m thankful for the people I have in my life filling it with love, laughter, support, and understanding. You all fill my nightly and daily prayers with gratitude for being a part of my happiness.
9. I’m thankful for old friendships being renewed again. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone last night catching up with a childhood friend I’ve known and loved for 30 years. We have recently moved closer to one another in the last year, and I’m so excited for our family’s to connect. ?
10. I’m thankful for all you dear readers that come here each week to read my stories and comment and appreciate what I have to say. You make this the best part of my day, next to cuddles with my family. Thank you so much for filling my love bucket to the brim. ❤️
This has been my submission to Lizzi’s TTOT I’m so thankful for wonderful her and her tribe that have welcomed me into not just a blog hop but a new way of thinking and appreciating everything in my life. ??
22 thoughts on “Ten Things of thankful ”
I am thankful that you are starting to feel a little better. Grief can be so overwhelming, it is good you reached out and received those lifelines. <3
Thank you so much, I agree it’s gratifying to know even when I feel at my lowest I have a support system just waiting to uplift me. ❤️
Family is always such a help when getting through grief, just looking after their needs along brings purpose to the day.
It’s so true Vanessa, and if I remain mindful it feels healing in its own way. ?
A new way of thinking and appreciating life? That’s perfect. I’m so glad you’ve found this hop so inspiring and helpful, and I love (but knew already) that the gang are so delightfully welcoming and have made you feel at home with us.
SO WITH YOU on #5…ohmigosh yes!
And very wonderful that your new mystery friend turned out to be someone so local! What a treat.
Oh Lizzi that means so much to me. Being welcomed has been so wondrrful. When I link up with blog hops I’m very loyal, so now I’m happy to be part of your thankful tribe. Reaching out isn’t always easy for me to do; I’d rather be the one helping. But wow just breaking down those barriers and seeing all that love awaiting me is wonderful. ❤️
I tell you what, you landed on your feet because I can guarantee you I have NEVER seen a blog hop as welcoming as this one, or as loyal to new members as the TToT gang. I am absolutely honoured and delighted to have found this group of incredibly wonderful, genuine people, and I like thinking I can now count you amongst them.
Love this Lizzi, what a beautiful message of kindness to read before I’m off to bed. Lots of love and hugs sent to you across the pond. ❤️
*hugs* back. Sleep well 😀
Thank you Lizzi. ?
I am so glad you are finding this hop to be so helpful!
My kid laughing never ceases to make me happy no matter what is going on.
Yes it’s such a beautiful sound, and I’m so happy to be part of this thankful energy movement. ?
How nice that you have blogging friends who turn out to be so close to you geographically!
I was so overjoyed Kristi to find out we were so close by. We both wanted a special friend and it was fate that we connected ?
I love how many times the theme of family and friends being there to reach for shows up…and how much they hold you up when you need them. That’s 100 thankfuls! And Lizzi’s right – this TToT gang is amazing. Life savers. Glad to have you with us!
Thank you so much Lisa I’m so appreciative that I have that support. And I agree that love is worth a 100 thank you’s. It’s an amazing gang to belong to and if I could I’d hug you all so tight. ?❤️
#3 put a smile on my face! (Well all of them did.) But I’m glad you broke out of your comfort zone and met up with a friend! ❤
Thank you so much Jen, it has been a wonderful blessing to have my prayers answered. ❤️
I love that you have found friends virtually and close by. It is great to have support when dealing with health issues and pain. I know I have been there myself. I look forward to following you and reading more of your posts. 😉
Oh Mary that’s so kind of you I appreciate you following my journey. And yes to find a group of friends that I have online and in person is the best of both worlds. ?
I am incredibly sorry to hear that your friend passed away. I cannot even fathom. But I am thankful that you do have so many wonderful people in your life. I’m holding you in my heart and in my thoughts.
Oh Kimberly thank you so much for your kindness. I’m so touched and appreciative. ?