One Lovely Blog Award Bestowal
Awhile back I was nominated by the lovely One Mother To Another for this award. I was so touched that she thought so much about my little corner of the blog world. I truly love and adore this Mom and her message of love, acceptance, and solidarity in the blogging community. If we geographically lived any closer I would be hugging her right now, and being entertained by our kids.
The nominees must share 7 interesting facts about themselves, and display the award on my blog page.
1. I love to sing as much as reading and writing. I’ve belonged to church choirs, school plays, and choral club when I was in elementary and high school. For a wedding gift for my husband I wrote and recorded a song for him. It was played at our wedding and he was so surprised it was me singing. There were a lot of smiles, hugs, tears, and most of all love shared that day.
2. I’ve known my husband for 30 years we met through my sister after a hockey game he was playing in. It was love at first sight for me but I was only 12 and trying to look and act 16! Fast forward in time, he moved back to my hometown after seeing the world and we started dating and have been together ever since. And now we have built a beautful life with our amazing son’s. Happily ever after really does happen when it’s blessed by love. ❤️
3. I have struggled with anxiety and depression all my life. My parents were separated when I was four years old. I internalized a lot of those feelings and that gave birth to my anxiety. My track record for surviving and living with depression has been a long one. I’m grateful for the lessons I’ve learned on my journey. I challenge my anxiety everyday and I try to make friends with “her.” I’m starting to allow myself not to be controlled by “her” and think she can be helpful in my life sometimes and detrimental at others. By saving my life in certain situations, and not allowing me to take risks and challenge myself.
4. I use my anxiety as a her and she pronoun because I named it. It helps me see things clearly and realize when I’m giving “her” more control over my life and thoughts. I see how “she” and I have affected my children and I’m feeling the fear in life, and doing it anyways. It feels good to know that I’m conquering my life’s challenges instead of letting them control me. It’s really scary and exhilarating to know there’s more to discover in the world, than how I’m going to control it.
5. I’m writing a book of my life experiences in a memoir. I’ve been shopping around with publishing companies to see where I get the most to offer in terms of marketing and distribution. It is a long term goal, but one I’m confident about bringing it to fruition.
6. I’m a proud Canadian (if you didn’t know that by now you haven’t been reading my blog). I’ve lived in 3 different provinces in my life and I’ve found beauty and diversity in each one. I’ve taken lots of photographs and I hope to showcase them in a book as well to show others the changing and fascinating landscapes of my beautiful country.
7. I’m as comfortable on stage as being home watching Netflix on family movie night. I feel a real joy in performing and I look forward to auditioning for the next play with my local theatre group. In one of the plays I was in about pioneers and the Gold Rush, written by very talented friend. She heard me sing Danny Boy and cast me immediately. I came to adore that beloved character Nellie Cashman. During my research I found out Nellie and my Great Grandmother were born in the same part of Ireland.They were six years in age difference and could’ve possibly known each other! I found this so exciting since genelology and history are another love of mine.
Now I’m supposed to nominate fifteen blogs to bestow this honour upon. I read a lot of blogs but I’m going to pick the ones that have been the most supportive to me. I’m being a rebel and picking five because that’s how many are really close to my heart. After the nominations have been made I’m to let them know they’ve been nominated, and then sit back and enjoy reading their responses.
1. Is It Really That Easy The lovely Laura has offered me such encouragement, and I’m so grateful for her and her support when life gets challenging. I love getting wrapped up in her storytelling, and her kind heart make me smile. ❤️
2. Happy Lifeaholic I had the pleasure of connecting with Adi through her words on her blog. I was captured by her youth, enthusiasm, and love of life and I was eager to follow along on her journey. I also had the pleasure of guest blogging and being featured on her site. She’s an extraordinary woman and the more I read her stories, the more I feel connected to her.
3. Champa Tree I love her lovely blog and appreciation for the simpler, divine things in life like love, kindness, and appreciation. So many things we as a society can take for granted, and she writes about them so beautifully.
4. A Momma’s View I love her blog and her kindness to me along my blogging journey. She recently told me about the Courage Challenge and how I should submit a post I had just written about conquering my fear and anxiety. You can read it here Here.
5. Silver lining Mama I met this amazing lady in a WordPress Blogging 101 group. And even though we’ve never met in person our hearts have. I found out about her Courage Challenge in February and she was kind enough to feature me on it back then, and most recently.
All of these wonderful women are very special to me including the fabulous One Mother to Another. I read, comment, and share their blogs. I love their honesty, talent, kindness and the ability to uplift me when I don’t feel very strong and capable. They haven’t known how I’ve prayed for them and thanked God for their online presence in my life, but they do now! Please show their blogs the love that they deserve. ❤️
4 thoughts on “One Lovely Blog Award Bestowal ”
Oh thank you so so much for the nomination and your kind words 🙂
You’re welcome Momma, I need to make the rounds to let everyone know. I’ve been having some phone issues. I’m so happy you could read it here. ?
My dear sweet lady, Congratulations on the award and thank you kindly for nominating me. I’ve loved reading your posts and lately I’ve been suffering from gout in my right hand, so I’ve not been on here too much. I was feeling better today and got back out in the garden today, but I over did it. Hugs to you my dear and keep singing
Take care from Laura
Oh my sweet Laura; I’m sorry to read of your gout. I’ve been missing you and I’m happy you were able to see your nomination today. No pressure to participate if you’re not able to. I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me, and how much I appreciate your love and support. ❤️