Here I am today participating in Lizzi’s Ten Things of Thankful linkup. I started last week and I’m looking forward to sharing with you how very thankful I am to have this place to share.
1. I’m thankful that I was able to attend my beloved friend’s funeral this week. It was a very quick trip there and back, in four hours. It seemed almost like a dream I was there. Knowing I could say goodbye and God bless to her and her loved ones made my heart happy.
2. I’m thankful that husband was able to take the day off, pay for my flight, and drive me to the airport. He rearranged his schedule to suit my needs and there’s not enough adjectives to describe how much I love and appreciate him for who he is.
3. I’m so thankful that my lovely friend was able to pick me up at the airport when I arrived. Seeing her and her son’s smiling faces when they greeted me was such an incredible feeling. Going to our favourite place Starbucks like we used to do and catching up on list time was so wonderful and appreciated.
4. I’m very thankful I was able to share my acknowledgement and gratitude for my beloved friend at her service. Seeing all those faces looking at me as I shared my love and appreciation for how much I loved her and her family was very healing for me. My heart was as full as the overflowing, standing room only church congregation before me.
5. I’m thankful for the beautiful words of comfort that Paster Daniel coveyed in his service. Listening to his eulogy and seeing how my beloved friend touched so many hearts in the community was a blessing. She was loved by many and will be mourned and celebrated by many.
5. I’m thankful that I was able to see friends and family and pass along my condolences to them. The hugs and hellos were so appreciated from everyone and helped me to smile on such a sad day.
6. I’m thankful for my lovely friends giving heart, amazing friendship, and being able to see her and her children again. Having lunch with my other sweet friend catching up on our life events and hilarious antics of our son’s was so appreciated as well.
7. I’m thankful for my wonderful cousin driving me back to the airport. Our conversation, companionship, and laughter was so needed and appreciated. Knowing I have family to reach out to after I move away is a gift.
8. I’m so thankful I was able to catch my plane with five minutes to spare before boarding! As we encountered construction and traffic on our way there. Sitting on my flight looking out the window as I flew over the farm lands and Rocky Mountains made me feel grateful for this beautiful view of my country.
9. I’m so thankful that I have this wonderful forum and group to share my gratitude in. Lizzi’s Ten Things of Thankful came into my life at a divine time I needed it and could appreciate it the most.
10. I’m so thankful that my family was there to meet me at the airport as I reached my destination. Seeing their smiles, feeling their love and hugs is so healing to my heart. Sharing my pain and vulnerabilities with them lets me know how very blessed I am.
This has been my submission to Lizzi’s Ten Things of Thankful Thank you for being here today for me to share my thankfulness. Knowing I’m not alone as I grieve, and sail my boat on these choppy unchartered waters helps with healing my broken heart. ❤️