I have a story I’d like to share and why it almost didn’t get written. I was nominated for a blogging award called the Liebster, which is given out to new bloggers. The fabulously talented http://angrivatedmom.wordpress.com nominated me with this incredible honor. She has made my day, week, month, and year recognizing me for my writing. I’ve always turned to writing to express myself, feel comfortable in my skin, when words fail me in the present there they appear eloquently in print. This blog about my award nearly didn’t get written as I wrote it in my phone, and I went to add something to it and it disappeared. I then continued to rewrite it and it disappeared again !!! At this time I was grieving the loss of lovely Lucy, missing my Mom, and overwhelmed with recent events with my sons health. That’s how the blog Through My Mamas Eyes was born. So I said ok Mom I give up what do you really want me to write? And just like that the answer came to me as I typed feverishly not wanting to miss a single moment of inspiration. So I’ve now copied and pasted what I wrote so far of this blog, as to not miss another opportunity to express my love and gratitude to Angrivated Mom. Thank you my sweet sister from a different mister, you have touched my heart in a thousand ways and for that I’ll always be grateful. ❤️
So onto the fabulous questions picked by the amazing Angrivated Mom. She’s an incredible writer, Mother, wife, and friend. You can check out her Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/theangrivatedmom
1. Why is Blogging important to you?
Blogging is very important to me as it gives my crazy life perspective. It also helps me to think out loud and make sense of it all. And after I read what I wrote nine times out of ten I find a solution. ?
2. What is your goal for your Blog?
My goal has been very simple I just wanted to be read. ? Now I find I’m challenging myself and I’m going to be writing everyday. I enjoy finding word prompts and linking up with other bloggers. It helps promote theirs and my blog for exposure. I think eventually I’d like to continue blogging and write specifically for a website and get paid for it. One of my long term goals is to turn my pain into power and write a book. I’ve been writing for so long with stories, journals, poems, and songs. I’d love to spin that all into a modge podge of feelings and see it in print.
3. Do you have any nicknames & how did you get them?
Yes I do quite a few actually Neaner, Neena bird, Neenifer, honey child and Pinky. All the ones that start with an N were made up by my beloved Mom. She was very creative and she had nicknames for all of her 6 kids. I think I got the most names because I was the last one born. What I wouldn’t give to hear her call me honey child again….. My best friend from childhood nicknamed me Pinky. We met when we were 12 and I had begun wearing the color pink. I did that for a whole year, thus the nickname. ?
4. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be & why?
I would have to choose potatoes. I’m 1/3 Irish on my Mom’s side of the family so this is a wise choice. And 1/3 Ukrainian on my Dad’s so potatoes were staple in my family’s heritage. Potatoes are my comfort food, they fill me up when I’m hungry, warm up my tummy when I’m cold, and they let me be creative as I can top them up with cheese, chives, bacon, spices, sour cream, butter, and meat. They’re a one meal deal in a bowl. Potatoes make me happy and satisfied. ?
5. If you could keep any animal in the world for a pet, what would it be?
I would pick a black panther as the ultimate animal. I love cats and this would be a larger, wilder, version of the feline persuasion. My Dad had a statue of a onyx black panther, and when I was a kid I wanted to be just like that jungle cat. Like a wild thing free, mysterious, and dangerous. Of course saying that I’d have to have a zoo enclosure to keep the panther. They’re magnificent creatures who I’d love to watch at a distance. But as much I like wild animals, zoos make me sad so I’d have to settle for the statue.
6. What/who is your favorite band/singer that you listen to when you’re in a bad mood & why does it calm you?
Wow, that’s a great question, I’ll have to borrow that when its my time to nominate! My favourite band hands down, is Motley Crüe. I’ve been listening to them since 1985 when Too Fast For Love came out. I love 80’s metal bands and I put on the Crüe when I want to rock out seriously, and head bang. It helps to calm and energize me simultaneously. As well as clearing out my mental cobwebs. My favourite singer is P!nk she’s got powerful vocals, a great “I don’t care what you think of me” attitude, and inspiring lyrics that make me belt out my favourite song Try. I stand in front of my mirror, close my eyes and sing my heart out. I become her with the rockstar hair, attitude, and rock hard abs. I listen to Enya for spiritual comfort when the world becomes too loud, busy, judgemental, cruel and heartless.
7. If you could give your child(ren) any present you wanted, regardless of cost, annoyance factor, or size, what would you choose?
I would buy my kids a trampoline, we have an indoor mini tramp and they both love to bounce. It’s really helpful occupational therapy for my youngest son and my oldest actually reads better after a few minutes of jumping. I would also love to have a indoor slide as I think it would be fun for me too. As I slide down the stairs to my laundry room basket in hand, and wine in the other. Oh my I can picture that now, and it’s making me giggle. ?
8. What job did you want to grow up to have as a child?
Well this will make you laugh I wanted to be a model. My childhood friend knew a family friend who modelled professionally in Toronto, Canada. I was fascinated with her beautiful Italian looks, long legs, and swan like neck. I have blonde hair, blue eyes, and I’m very short. I wanted to be 6 feet tall and Italian. Then I discovered my love of writing and photography and I wanted to be a photo journalist. So here I am blogging and taking pictures, so I guess that’s close enough. ?
9. If you could be any published, well-known author, who would you be & why?
I would be myself, I wouldn’t be a ghost writer. I would be proud of my work and want to share it with the world. I admire so many authors that can weave a tapestry of characters readers grow to love or despise and go vicariously on their adventures. I love great story tellers, Anne Rice being my absolute favourite. Followed by Danielle Steele, Robert Jordan, and Terry Goodkind. I love authors that can take me on exciting epic adventure in a book series. So if I had my choice I would be a serial book writer falling in love with my characters and seeing them grow, shift, change, and interact with the people and world they live in.
10. Do you have a talent or something unique about yourself besides writing?
I love to sing, dance, and act and I taught fitness for 17 years before having my second child. Singing is my passion, it fills my love bucket right to the brim. It feels so amazing to express myself vocally, and feel the lyrics to a song deep in my soul. I started singing very early as a child with my Mom. I’d sit on her knee while my brother played guitar or my sisters played piano. I then sung in my church choir and school concerts. It’s always been my dream to sing and let the world be touched emotionally, with the sound of my voice. ???
So that’s your getting to know jsackmom up close and personal now here comes my nominations. Drum roll please…. I nominate the following blogs.
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo
Check out her fabulous blog, beautiful poetry and tell her I sent you. For all her encouragement, support, and kindness to this newbie blogger I say thank you so much. ?
My new duel citizenship friend Amanda on WordPress that writes with such passion and courage on her medical journey. Check out her awesomeness on WordPress and here on Facebook
Who is such a sweet lady and has recently reached 300 followers on her blog. Tell her this chick thinks she rocks. You can also check out her henhouse on Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/motherhendiaries
And to my fantastic new blogging friend over in the UK.
Check out his blog to dedicated to 80’s heavy metal bands and learn about some great music. He has been my rock with helping navigate the world of bullying and cheering for the underdog. He also has another blog called
So there you have it here are my 10 questions for you if you choose to accept the Liebster award.
1. What does blogging mean to you?
2. What do you see yourself doing 5 years from now?
3. What will you be writing about then?
4. What is your passion (besides writing) that gives you a fire in your belly?
5. Do you have a favourite writing ritual that gets you in the creative mode to write?
6. What motivates you, and what’s your goal for your blog?
7. Are you content to just write your blog, or do you want to be a published author? And if you’re a published author are you planning on writing another book?
8. What/who is your favourite band, singer that you listen to when you’re in a bad mood? And why does it calm you? (Awesome question borrowed from the angrivated Mom)
9. Name 5 of your favourite things and give a reason why.
10. If there was only book left on your book shelf what would it be and why is it your favourite?
So my lovely nominees here’s the The Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and choose to accept it, you must write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link back to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget” on your sidebar.
3. Answer the 10 questions about yourself provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5 – 10 blogs that you feel deserve the award. (They must have a less than 1000 followers.)
5. Create a new list of questions for those bloggers to answer.
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
7. Once you have written and published it, you then must inform the people/blogs that you nominated and provide a link to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So good luck and congratulations to my fellow nominees. Thank you for being a special part of my life. Big hugs and high fives sent your way. ?❤️